The decline in HGH is not the only cause of the manifestations of aging. Even if our HGH levels remained at the level of a 25-year-old, we would continue to experience the effects of aging, but those effects would be greatly reduced until we reached a very advanced age. HGH does not affect the root cause of aging, as measured by maximum lifespan, but it can certainly affect many of the manifestations of aging.
By increasing the levels of HGH in our bodies, we can slow, or even reverse, many of the manifestations of aging. It must be done carefully, though, and under medical supervision. Ideally, this HGH replacement should begin at about the age of 30 years, but HGH replacement can be beneficial at any age above 30. In fact, for older people, HGH therapy can reverse the manifestations of aging by five to 15 years or more. There is no other single therapy currently available that can have the impact on the aging body that HGH can have.
What HGH therapy can do:
- Reduce excess body fat, especially abdominal fat. (The reduction of abdominal fat is the single most profound effect of HGH replacement in many people.)
- Increase muscle mass (and physical strength if combined with moderate exercise).
- Reduce wrinkling of the skin and some other effects of skin aging.
- Re-grow certain internal organs that have atrophied with age.
- Increase bone density.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Reverse cognitive decline.
- Stimulate production of the bone marrow cells that produce red blood cells.
- Reduce the probability that you will spend the last years of your life in a nursing home.
- HGH slows the progression of cardiovascular disease, and reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular disease, in individuals with natural growth hormone levels that are below average for the age of the individual. HGH can also slow the progression of cardiovascular disease by improving one's cholesterol profile. There is increasing evidence over the past year or two that maintaining healthy growth hormone levels results in a stronger heart. Individuals with low growth hormone levels have an overall increased risk of death due to cardiovascular disease. Low growth hormone levels cause a particularly large increase in the risk of stroke as compared with individuals receiving growth hormone replacement.
What HGH cannot do:
- It cannot eliminate the effects of oxidation damage, although it may alleviate some of it.
- HGH cannot eliminate the effects of the reduction of other hormones. In fact, a deficiency of certain other hormones will decrease the beneficial effects of HGH.
- It cannot significantly reverse the damage to human proteins caused by glucose, although it may reverse a little of this damage.
- Although it helps skin to look younger, it cannot eliminate all of the damage cause by sunlight and other ultraviolet sources.
It cannot increase maximum lifespan. For many people with HGH or IGF-1 genetic defects, however, it can significantly extend life expectancy.
Sermorelin Acetate is a bioidentical hormone therapy medication that has been used to treat Human Growth Hormone (HGH) deficiency since the 1970’s. This powerful peptide is composed of 29 amino acids and functions by stimulating your pituitary gland so it can produce its own human growth hormone. Sermorelin is a Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone. It differs from synthetic HGH replacement therapy, which seeks to directly replace HGH in the body. The effects of Sermorelin are regulated by the pituitary gland from the release of somatostatin (a growth inhibiting hormone that indicates high levels of HGH), so that overdose of HGH is difficult if not impossible.
Ibutamoren Acetate is classified as a non-peptide growth hormone secretagogue, which means it stimulates the pituitary gland to release stored growth hormone to the body for use. By using growth hormone secretors, the body increases production of its own growth hormone. As a result, the body repairs and rejuvenates itself over time, which slows down the aging process. Peptide therapies usually have a “loading” period of 3-6 months before full effects are noticed and can be used indefinitely with little to no side-effects for long-term use.
Ibutamoren remains active in the body for a longer period of time compared to injectable secretagoues, GHRP 2 or GHRP 6. Ibutamoren requires only a once daily orally administered dose at bedtime and remains active for roughly 24 hours in the body.
- Improved ability to burn fat
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Strengthened cardiovascular system
- Increased bone density
- Improved healing and recovery
- Boosted immune system
- Increased energy levels and stamina
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved bone strength and mineral density
- Improved cognitive function
- Regenerates nerve tissue
- Improved skin firmness and moisture retention
What to expect with Sermorelin & Ibutamoren therapy
Like other forms of Hormone Replacement Therapy, Sermorelin and Ibutamoren take time to work in order for the full array of benefits to manifest themselves. In the first weeks of therapy patients generally report changes in energy levels and improved sleeping habits and mood, but physical changes can take three to six months to become apparent. After six months, most patients will start to show significant benefits in body composition, skin health, immune health, and healing response.